Oct. 23: Tuesday of the 29th Week in Ordinary Time, Year I

Anonymous French Master, Here I am, Lord, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague, c. 1200

Readings for Mass
First Reading: Romans 5:12, 15, 17-19, 20-21
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 40:7-8, 8-9, 10, 17
Gospel: Luke 12:35-38

Then I said, ‘Here I am; I delight to do your will, O my God (NRSV, Psalm 40: 7a.8a).’

Let us pray.

Father, how difficult it often is to say “Yes,” even to the great gift of your own divine life that you, in every situation, always offer us through your Word in the Holy Spirit. Yet here I am, Lord, ready to do your will. May I be faithful to you as you are to all of your daughters and sons. May your life strengthen me that I may always be ready to serve you as you call me to grow constantly in your life and power. May your life, so freely given, flow through me to others in acts of loving service.

Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments: