Oct. 28: 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle C

Christian Dare, The Pharisee and the Publican


Readings for Mass
First Reading: Sirach 35:12-14, 16-18
Responsorial Psalm: 34:2-3, 17-18, 19, 23
Second Reading: Second Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18
Gospel: Luke 18:9-14

‘I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other; for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted (NRSV, Luke 18:14).’

Let us pray.

Father, everything I am and everything I have comes from you. Of myself I am nothing. And even then, what I have received from you, I do not always use rightly but surrender myself to selfishness and sin. How grateful I must be that you, Father, in every situation offer me forgiveness and reconciliation. May I be ever more responsive to your kindness and make better use of your gifts, growing in humble acceptance of your freely bestowed life.

Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments: