Oct. 26: Friday of the 29th Week in Ordinary Time, Year I

Unknown Normand, Christ and a Believer, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague, c.1180


Readings for Mass
First Reading: Romans 7:18-25
Responsorial Psalm: 119:66, 68, 76, 77, 93, 94
Gospel: Luke 12:54-59

Teach me good judgement and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments (NRSV, Psalm 119:66).

Let us pray.

Father, even from the womb, before I could speak and reason, you taught me through the Word, ever present to me, in the Holy Spirit. May I always be open to your Word, spoken once and for all, yet in every moment, that I may grow in my knowledge of you as I grow in your life which you share with me. May my understanding received as gift lead me to share your life in love with my sisters and brothers, all of us united with you as you share your life with the Word in the Holy Spirit who is Love.

Through Christ our Lord. Amen.


No comments: