Nov. 5: Monday of the 31st Week in Ordinary Time, Year I

Jesus Mafa, The Poor Invited to the Feast


Readings for Mass
First Reading: Romans 11:29-36
Responsorial Psalm: 69:30-31, 33-34, 36-37
Gospel: Luke 14:12-14

‘But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind(NRSV, Luke 14:13).’

Let us pray.

Father, If only I could recognize and accept how poor I am. There is nothing that I am or have that comes from me. All is gift from you, Father, through the Word, in the Holy Spirit. Sharers in your divine life, we are all brothers and sisters, poor in ourselves but rich in you. May I be ready therefore to share with others everything that I am and have, especially with those most in need, that we may all share your blessings one with the other.

Through Christ our Lord. Amen.


No comments: